The lawyers in our Real Estate Practice Group are experienced in all areas of real estate law and routinely represent banks, real estate developers, investors, and other clients in the financing, acquisition and disposal of interests in improved and unimproved real estate. Our lawyers also have extensive experience guiding the development of shopping centers, residential and commercial condominiums, mixed-use subdivisions, office buildings, commercial parks, and other properties. We represent landlords and tenants in the negotiation of commercial leases for office, industrial and retail spaces as well, and we serve as litigation counsel for commercial lease disputes when they arise.
Transactional and Litigation Counsel for Large-Scale Real Estate Acquisitions, Dispositions and Development Projects
Real estate transactions and development projects entail a host of legal issues. From negotiating contract terms and securing title insurance to dealing with regulatory issues and resolving disputes before and after closing, virtually all aspects of large-scale real estate acquisitions, dispositions, and development projects require the advice and insights of experienced real estate counsel. At Hand Arendall Harrison Sale, our lawyers serve as strategic partners to our clients, helping them make informed decisions that protect their legal and financial interests while also maintaining their timelines and preserving critical business relationships.
Our Real Estate Practice Group provides full-service transactional and litigation representation to property owners, investors, financial institutions, developers, and other clients. We regularly provide representation for matters including:
- Formation of joint ventures, partnerships and limited liability companies specifically organized for real estate development or investment
- Land use planning, including zoning and use variance applications for planned unit developments (PUDs)
- Representing lenders in the preparation of loan documents and handling title work to ensure proper perfection of liens on encumbered real estate assets
- Representing lenders in Small Business Administration (SBA) loan closings
- Negotiating and closing interim and long-term credit facilities for existing and proposed commercial real estate developments
- Disposal and acquisition of investment properties for Section 1031 tax-deferred treatment, including reverse like-kind exchanges
- Condemnation proceedings
- Determining riparian rights and property boundaries for properties adjacent to navigable and non-navigable waterways
- Use and disposal of surface and subsurface water
- Acquisition of title insurance and resolution of title insurance claims and disputes on behalf of insurers and policyholders
- Commercial real estate closings
- Litigation and dispute resolution (ADR) involving real estate development contracts, commercial leases, financing and investment contracts, and other agreements
Contact the Real Estate Practice Group at Hand Arendall Harrison Sale
For more information about our firm’s real estate practice, please contact any of the lawyers in the Practice Group.