After beginning her legal career in downtown Chicago, Jane Kerrigan relocated to Northwest Florida, with her husband Mike, to be closer to her family. Now a resident of Grayton Beach, Jane has firmly established herself in the community and has expanded her family to include three young children.
Jane has experience in many facets of the law, but she found her calling when she began assisting individuals and families in planning for their futures and the futures of their children and loved ones. In order to better serve her clients, Jane went back to school to obtain her masters of law in taxation from the University Of Alabama School Of Law. Jane focuses her practice on Estate Planning, Elder Law, Long Term Care, Medicaid, Health Care Directives, Financial Directives, and Asset Protection.
Jane is a member of the American Bar Association, Estate Planning Counsel of the Emerald Coast (Destin), Walton County Bar Association, and Wealth Counsel.
Jane is available for speaking engagements for client seminars, community groups, and professional organizations.
- Illinois State Bar, 2004
- Indiana State Bar, 2005
- Florida State Bar, 2008
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- LL.M., The University of Alabama School of Law, 2011
- Major: Taxation
- J.D., Indiana University School of Law, 2004
- Honors: Internship with the Honorable Richard L. Young, United States District Court Judge for the Southern District of Indiana.
- Law Journal: The Indiana Journal of Global Legal Studies, Managing Editor
- B.S., Marketing and International Business, Indiana University, 2001
Civic and Professional Affiliations
- Habitat for Humanity of Walton County, FL, President
- American Bar Association
- Walton County Bar Association
- Estate Planning Counsel of the Emerald Coast (Destin)
- Wealth Counsel
- Walton County Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- Destin Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Florida Bar Association, Member
- Bar Admissions