The lawyers in our Estate Planning & Wealth Preservation Practice Group represent clients with regard to all aspects of estate and asset protection planning. When it comes to estate planning and wealth preservation, tax planning is a crucial component of the process as well, and we routinely advise our clients regarding federal, state and local tax matters, including those involving corporate, partnership, trust, and individual income, estate, gift, excise, sales, gross receipts and ad valorem taxes.
Estate and Asset Protection Planning
We provide comprehensive estate planning and asset protection services for business owners, licensed professionals, investors and other high-net-worth individuals. As estate planning and asset protection counsel, our lawyers work closely with our clients and their financial advisors to understand their specific needs and offer targeted and custom-tailored planning solutions. We routinely assist our clients with matters including:
- Drafting wills, including “pour over” wills to be used in conjunction with trusts
- Preparing revocable and irrevocable trusts
- Establishing conservatorships and guardianships
- Drafting prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Business succession planning
- Multi-generational estate planning, including the use of generation-skipping dynasty trusts to minimize tax liability
- Elder law planning, including Medicaid planning and powers of attorneys and health care directives
Wealth Preservation Through Strategic Tax Avoidance
In many respects, estate planning and tax planning go hand-in-hand. If not carefully addressed, tax liability can result in the loss of substantial wealth for future generations. The lawyers in our Estate Planning & Wealth Preservation Practice Group help our clients preserve as much of their wealth as possible through the development and implementation of comprehensive tax avoidance strategies.
For example, we regularly assist clients with:
- Minimizing estate taxes by securing valuation discounts and creating family limited partnerships, family limited liability companies and other special-purpose entities
- Planning purchases, sales, and business mergers in order to minimize taxes
- Maximizing the tax efficiency of retirement assets
- Incorporating charitable giving strategies
- Contesting claims by the government for additional taxes related to gifts and other transactions
At Hand Arendall Harrison Sale, we have also formed and now represent a number of private and public tax-exempt foundations. If you are interested in establishing a foundation, or if your foundation needs outside counsel, we can assist you in establishing and maintaining tax-exempt status while also addressing all other pertinent tax planning and asset protection matters.
Speak with an Estate Planning Lawyer Today
For more information regarding our firm’s estate planning and wealth preservation practice, please contact Practice Group Leader Ginger P. Gaddy or any of the other estate planning lawyers in the Practice Group.