Heather Kennedy Hudson takes the time to listen to her clients and understand what is important to them so she can offer personally-tailored advice aimed at helping clients reach their goals. Whether she’s advising an institutional client in a packed board room, privately consulting with an individual who has recently lost a loved one, or creating a client’s customized estate plan, Heather’s focus is on meeting each client’s individual needs in a professional and caring manner.
Heather’s practice is primarily focused on public education, probate, and estate law. She is a Florida Bar Board Certified Specialist in Education Law, a distinction held by less than 60 Florida attorneys, and an officer on the Board of Directors for the Florida School Board Attorneys Association. Heather is knowledgeable and experienced in her fields, allowing her to provide practical advice and help clients navigate difficult situations while avoiding unnecessary costs or delays.
Heather earned her Juris Doctorate from the Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University, where she graduated Cum Laude, received the Faculty Legal Writing Award, and served on law review. She earned her B.A. from the University of West Florida, where she was an active student organization leader, graduated Magna Cum Laude, and received the faculty award for Excellence in Legal Studies in 2006 and Outstanding Legal Studies Graduate in 2007.
Heather enjoys serving the community through her involvement with the Junior League of Panama City, the Parent Teacher Organization at her daughter’s school, and her service as a mentor with Bay District Schools’ Elevate Bay initiative. When not practicing law, Heather enjoys crafting, cooking, and traveling with her husband and their young daughter.
- Florida State Bar
- Federal Bar of the Northern District of Florida
- Eleventh U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- J.D., Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University, cum laude, 2011
- B.A., University of West Florida, magna cum laude, 2007
Civic and Professional Affiliations
- Junior League of Panama City, Sustainer
- Elevate Bay, Mentor
- Florida School Board Attorneys Association, Secretary
- St. Andrews Bay American Inn of Court
- Bay County Bar Association
- Bay Education Foundation, Ex-Officio Board Member
- Council of School Attorneys, Member