Chris is an experienced litigator that regularly handles high-stakes cases involving estates and trusts, guardianships and conservatorships, probate administration, business and real estate disputes, and complex litigation. He represents personal representatives, trustees, and other fiduciaries in administration and litigation cases, as well as beneficiaries in protecting their interests in trust and estate matters.
In recognition of his work, Chris has been featured in Birmingham Magazine’s Top Attorneys list for Probate Law and Tax Law, Birmingham Business Journal’s NextGen Law list, and selected multiple times to the Mid-South’s Rising Stars by Super Lawyers for Estate & Trust Litigation. He has also been recognized with Avvo’s Clients’ Choice Award and maintains the highest Avvo Rating of 10.0 – Top Attorney and has been selected to the 18 Best Birmingham Litigation Attorneys and 16 Best Birmingham Probate Attorneys lists by Expertise.com.
At the Firm, Chris serves on the Marketing Committee and is part of the Probate Litigation and Estate Planning & Wealth Preservation practice groups.
Aside from his professional achievements, Chris is actively involved in various community organizations. He is a Fellow of the Birmingham Bar Foundation and presently serves on the Board of the Birmingham School of Law Foundation and Volunteer Lawyers Birmingham. He previously served as Co-Chair and Chair of the Probate Section of the Birmingham Bar Association.
Chris received his Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Commerce & Business Administration from the University of Alabama, with a concentration in Small Company Management. He went on to earn his Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree, with honors, from Birmingham School of Law. He then completed his Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Taxation, cum laude, from the University of Alabama School of Law.
In his personal life, Chris lives in Birmingham with his wife, Beth, and three daughters. He is a member of Canterbury United Methodist Church in Mountain Brook and has previously served on the Board of the Canterbury Child Development Center.
- Alabama State Bar
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Alabama
- U.S. Tax Court
- Eleventh Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals
- L.L.M., Taxation, University of Alabama School of Law, cum laude, 2013
- J.D., Birmingham School of Law, with honors, 2010
- B.S., Commerce & Business Administration, University of Alabama, 2005
Civic and Professional Affiliations
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Probate Section
- Volunteer Lawyers Birmingham
- Birmingham School of Law Foundation Inc. Board
- Birmingham Bar Foundation Society of Fellows
- Alliance Investment Company, LLC v. Omni Construction Company, Inc., et. al, 2019 WL 1219416, — So.3d —- (Ala. 2019)