Intellectual property (IP) is a key driver of economic growth, and trademarks, trade secrets, patents and copyrights are often among corporate organizations’ most important assets. As technological advances accelerate the pace of innovation, companies are increasingly finding it necessary to utilize intellectual property laws to protect their investments and maintain their competitive advantages. At Hand Arendall Harrison Sale, the lawyers in our IP Litigation Practice Group represent clients throughout Alabama, Florida and Mississippi in protecting their IP assets, and we regularly defend companies and individuals against claims of IP infringement and misappropriation as well.
If your company’s intellectual property assets are at risk, taking prompt and decisive action could be crucial to protecting your company’s exclusive rights. In today’s world, IP infringement and misappropriation can have immediate and widespread consequences, and it is incumbent upon IP owners to utilize the legal protections that are available. At HAHS, we are well aware of the stakes involved, and our lawyers have the skill and experience that are required to protect our clients’ investments in their intangible assets.
Skilled Litigation Counsel for All Types of Intellectual Property Disputes
Within our firm’s IP litigation practice, we represent IP owners and other clients in all types of disputes in state and federal court. We also represent our clients in mediation and arbitration proceedings, as well as in the defense and prosecution of opposition proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB) and other authorities. The lawyers in our IP Litigation Practice Group regularly handle matters including:
- Cybersquatting and other online trademark infringement claims
- Copyright infringement litigation involving music, film, photography, software code, online content and other digital media assets
- Enforcement of intellectual property rights worldwide against infringers, counterfeiters and dealers in grey market goods
- Inventorship claims and work-for-hire litigation
- Licensing and franchising disputes
- Patent litigation involving design, utility and plant patents
- Publicity rights and defamation claims
- Trade secret, non-competition and non-solicitation litigation
- TTAB opposition proceedings and other administrative proceedings
We protect the intellectual property rights of our clients ranging from startup ventures to enterprise corporations, and we defend both businesses and individuals accused of infringement and misappropriation.
Representation in IP Transactional Matters, Trademark Registration
Our Intellectual Property group draws on their business judgment and legal insight to represent clients in the creation, use, licensing and transfer of intellectual property. HAHS handles every aspect of intellectual property programs as well as provides ongoing support as intellectual properties evolve. Our IP transactional practice includes:
- Preparing, filing, and prosecuting patent applications in the U.S. Patent Office to protect inventions and discoveries
- Registration of trademarks, service marks, trade names, and other intellectual properties at the federal and state level
- Conducting due diligence
- Initiating and maintaining extensive trademark and copyright registration programs
- Negotiation and preparation of franchising agreements, licensing and assignment agreements, joint ventures, and supply and manufacturing agreements
- Development and formation of various types of business entities and commercial vehicles designed to provide for the utilization of intellectual properties
Our skilled legal team has a particular focus on trademark registration at the federal and state level and on obtaining and enforcing U.S. patents. We work directly with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) to ensure the protection of inventions, discoveries, business names, symbols, logos, and slogans. If you need experienced intellectual property counsel, we can help, and we encourage you to speak with a member of our IP Litigation Practice Group promptly.
Speak with a Lawyer in Our IP Litigation Practice Group
For more information regarding our IP litigation services at HAHS, please contact any of the members of the Practice Group.