Craig Campbell is a member in the Litigation Section at Hand Arendall Harrison Sale LLC in Mobile, Alabama. Craig received his B.A., summa cum laude, from Georgetown College, and his J.D., cum laude from the Cumberland School of Law, where he was a member of the Law Review.
Craig’s practice includes many areas of commercial litigation, including construction, product liability, personal injury, trucking, intellectual property (copyright and trademark), and insurance coverage litigation. He has practiced in state and federal courts throughout the State of Alabama, including jury and bench trials and appellate advocacy. Craig also assists clients with general advice, review and drafting of construction contracts and various other commercial agreements, and registration of trademarks. Craig has also been active in the pro bono lawyer program in the City of Mobile throughout his practice. He was recognized as the 2011 recipient of the Ben Kilborn Volunteer Lawyer of the Year.
Craig is currently a member of the Mobile County Bar Association, Alabama State Bar Association, Alabama Defense Lawyers Association, American Bar Association (Construction Law section), the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance, and Trucking Lawyers Association.
Outside the practice of law, Craig and his wife, Kimberly, and their two daughters are active members of Corpus Christi Catholic Church in Mobile, Alabama. Craig has served as a “Big” in Big Brothers/Big Sisters since 2010, and has also served on the board of directors for the non-profit Save-A-Stray. Craig is also a member of the Senior Bowl Committee, as well as an active participant in USTA league tennis.
- Alabama State Bar, 2006
- J.D., Cumberland School of Law, cum laude, 2006
- B.A., Georgetown College, summa cum laude, 2003
Civic and Professional Affiliations
- Mobile County Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- Senior Bowl Committee
- American Bar Association Forum on the Construction Industry
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
Publications and Presentations
- Co-Author, “Construction Laws and Customs: Alabama,” Practical Law Real Estate (Dec. 2015)
- Co-Author, “Discovery Deskbook for Construction Disputes,” American Bar Association Forum on the Construction Industry, 2nd Edition (2015)
- Mr. Campbell presented a mock trial presentation to the Alabama Trucking Association’s Safety and Maintenance Management Council on May 19, 2015 and October 24th, 2013 in Montgomery. Click here to read more.
- “It’s Not Who you Paid, It’s Why You Paid It – Middle District analyzes Alabama law regarding the voluntary payment defense,” Alabama Defense Lawyers Association Journal, Volume 26, No. 1, page 27.
- “Endangered Species Reintroduction Coming to Alabama,” The EnLaw, Volume 14, No. 1 – Page 3.
- “The Meaning of the Griffin Ruling” presented at the “Alabama Toxic Torts Litigation: Life after the Griffin Ruling” CLE, May 19, 2008, Birmingham, Alabama.
- In the Matter of Arbitration between Escapes! To the Shores Condominium Owners Association, Inc., et al. v. Hoar Construction, LLC, et al., (American Arbitration Association Nov. 2, 2021, with judgment entered by the Baldwin County Circuit Court Dec. 2, 2021) (following seven-day hearing, defense verdict in favor of caulking subcontractor client in construction defect case involving 80-unit condominium project in Orange Beach, Alabama).
- Grupo HGM Tecnologias Submarina, S.A. v. Energy Subsea, LLC,, et al., (S.D. Ala. Oct. 13, 2021) (bench verdict in favor of client petroleum industry undersea salvage support company against defendant undersea work contractor and its principal on claims of breach of contract and fraud (assisted as local counsel)).
- Martha Faye Brannon, et al. v. Swanson Logistics, LLC, et al., (M.D. Ala. May 13, 2021) (achieved dismissal of injury and property damage claims filed by guardian of underage driver against client trucking company).
- ZP NO. 314, LLC v. ILM Capital, LLC, et al., (S.D. Ala. May 29, 2020) (bench verdict in favor of client student housing facility owner against competing student housing facility owner on claims of unfair competition under the Lanham Act (15 U.S.C. 1125(a)) and trademark infringement and unfair practices under the Alabama Code (Ala. Code 8-12-1, et seq.)).
- James P. Hofius, et al. v. Advance Auto Parts, Inc. d/b/a Carquest Auto, et al., (Cir. Ct. Mobile Co., Ala., December 10, 2019) (summary judgment in favor of two clients, one a refractory materials contractor and the other an automobile body shop, on plaintiff’s asbestos exposure claim).
- ILM Operations, LLC, et al. v. ZP NO. 314, LLC, et al., (Cir. Ct. Mobile Co., Ala. October 31, 2018) (successful defense of a dispute between competing student housing facility owners, including claims of trespass, conversion, misappropriation of trade secrets, tortious interference, and civil conspiracy).
- ALIMGMT Alabama, Inc., et al. v. Team Holdings, LLC, (Ala. S.C., case no. 1160262, October 13, 2017) (affirming judgment in favor of client landowner on breach of lease and personal guaranty claims and on tenant’s fraud counterclaims).
- IBI Group Michigan LLC f/k/a Giffels LLC v. Outokumpu Stainless USA LLC, et. al., (Cir. Ct. Mobile Co., Ala., September 19, 2017) (achieving dismissal with prejudice as to multi-million dollar third-party indemnity claim against client construction contractor).
- Team Holdings, LLC v. ALIMGMT Alabama, Inc., et al., (Cir. Ct. Mobile Co., Ala., November 21, 2016) (bench verdict in favor of client landowner on breach of lease and personal guaranty claims and on tenant’s fraud counterclaims).
- Adam Hudson v. SAIA Motor Freight Line, LLC, et al., (Cir. Ct. Mobile Co., Ala., Jan. 8, 2016) (dismissal of personal injury claim against client trucking company and its driver).
- SAIA Motor Freight Line, LLC v. Adam Hudson, (Dist. Ct. Mobile Co., Ala. Oct. 19, 2015) (bench verdict in favor of client trucking company on client’s property damage claim stemming from motor vehicle accident).
- Batchelor’s Residential Service, LLC v. Paul D. Robinson, (Dist. Ct. Mobile Co., Ala. July 19, 2015) (bench verdict in favor of employer enforcing employment contract).
- Slidell Oil Company v. One Stop, Inc., (Cir. Ct. Choctaw Co., Ala. March 4, 2015) (summary judgment in favor of client oil company on client’s claim to collect debt owed on an open account).
- Batchelor’s Residential Service, LLC v. Robert Royse, (Dist. Ct. of Mobile Co., Ala. Feb. 5, 2015) (bench verdict in favor of employer enforcing non-compete agreement).
- Big Jim’s Pawn Company, Inc., et al. v. Target Corporation, et al., (Cir. Ct. Jefferson Co., Ala., June 18, 2014) (summary judgment in favor of client Target Corporation on claims of defamation, slander of title, tortious interference with a business relationship, and malicious prosecution).
- Wiggins v. Billy Barnes Enterprises, Inc., (Ala. Civ. App., case no. 2121032, June 6, 2014) (affirming summary judgment in favor of client trucking company on wrongful death claim).
- McClendon v. Target Corporation, (Cir. Ct. St. Clair Co., Ala., Aug. 28, 2013) (summary judgment in favor of client Target Corporation on claim of malicious prosecution).
- Robinson v. SAIA Motor Freight Line, LLC, (Cir. Ct. Mobile Co., Ala., July 19, 2013) (dismissal of personal injury and property damage claims against client trucking company).
- Wiggins v. Billy Barnes Enterprises, Inc., (Cir. Ct. Monroe Co., Ala., Feb. 25, 2013) (summary judgment in favor of client trucking company on wrongful death claim).
- Greyhound Lines, Inc. v. The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co., (M.D. Ala., Oct. 29, 2009) (unreported decision dismissing plaintiff’s claims for economic losses resulting from bus accident).
- Chance v. Clayton Corporation, (N.D. Ala., July 2009) (following removal from Circuit Court of Tuscaloosa County, Ala., unreported dismissal of toxic exposure personal injury claim against client manufacturer of polyurethane mine foam).
- Southern Cal Transport v. Rowell, (Cir. Ct. Monroe Co., Ala., Oct. 6, 2008) (jury verdict in favor of client trucking company on both client’s property damage claim and defendant’s property damage counterclaim stemming from motor vehicle accident).
- Mobile Bay Monthly 40 Under 40, Class of 2015
- Ben Kilborn Volunteer Lawyer of the Year, 2011
- Martindale Hubbell® AV Rated
- Alabama Super Lawyers Rising Star®, Business Litigation, 2015