Dion J. Moniz is a Member at the Firm and manages the Destin and the Santa Rosa Beach Offices. He represents numerous businesses and individuals throughout Northwest Florida with issues involving business/corporate law, real estate transactions, and commercial litigation.
Mr. Moniz earned his Juris Doctor from the Florida State University College of Law, Cum Laude. He earned his B.S. degree from Florida State University, Cum Laude. Mr. Moniz is admitted to practice in Florida, Alabama, the U.S. District Courts of the Northern District of Florida, and the Middle and Southern Districts of Alabama.
Mr. Moniz is active in the local bar and community. He serves on the Florida Bar’s 1st Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee “B” and is a member of the Bar Associations for Okaloosa and Walton County. He is also currently serving as Chairman of the Destin Chamber of Commerce, Chair-Elect of the Mattie Kelly Arts Foundation, Vice President of Aletha’s Legacy, and Past-President of the Rotary Club of Destin. He previously served as Chair (one year) and board member (six years) for the Bay, Franklin, Gulf Healthy Start Coalition, as Treasurer (three years) and Foundation Chair (four years) for the Panama City Rotary Club, as Chair (one year) and steering committee member (three years) for the Bay County Chamber of Commerce Junior Leadership Bay Program, and as Co-Chair of the 14th Judicial Circuit First Saturday Legal Clinic. He also served for seven years as a student mentor at Rosenwald Middle School, and volunteered for four years as a Rotary Reader for the Early Learning Coalition of Northwest Florida’s Rotary Read Aloud project. He received the Ann Gibson Community Service Award in 2017 and the Pro Bono Public Service Award in 2007. He is also Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Florida State Bar
- Alabama State Bar
- J.D., Florida State University College of Law, cum laude, 2000
- B.S., Florida State University, cum laude, 1996
Civic and Professional Affiliations
- Florida Bar 1st Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee “B”
- Okaloosa and Walton County Bar Associations
- Chairman of the Board – Destin Chamber of Commerce
- Chair-Elect – Mattie Kelly Arts Foundation, Inc.
- Vice President – Aletha’s Legacy, Inc.
- Past President, Past Rotary Foundation & Grants Chair – Rotary Club of Destin
- Past Treasurer & Rotary Foundation Chair – Rotary Club of Panama City
- Past Chair and Board Member – Bay, Franklin, Gulf Healthy Start Coalition
- Past Chair – Bay County Chamber of Commerce Junior Leadership Bay Program
- Past Co-Chair – 14th Judicial Circuit First Saturday Legal Clinic
- Walton County Chamber of Commerce
- Bay County Chamber of Commerce
- The Florida Bar, U.S. District Courts of the Northern District of Florida,
- The Alabama Bar, and Middle and Southern Districts of Alabama.
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell (2013 to present)
- Ann Gibson Community Service Award (2017)
- Pro Bono Public Service Award in (2007)
Publications and Presentations
- Published “Workers’ Compensation Settlements: The Next Generation” in The Florida Bar Journal, Vol. 76, No. 7 (July/August 2002).
- Mr. Moniz presents real estate seminars regularly to real estate agents throughout Northwest Florida.