Dion J. Moniz is a Member at the Firm and serves as the Managing Lawyer for the Firm’s Destin Office. He represents numerous businesses and individuals throughout Northwest Florida with issues involving business/corporate law, real estate transactions, and commercial litigation.
Mr. Moniz earned his Juris Doctor from the Florida State University College of Law, Cum Laude. He earned his B.S. degree from Florida State University, Cum Laude. Mr. Moniz is admitted to practice in Florida, Alabama, the U.S. District Courts of the Northern District of Florida, and the Middle and Southern Districts of Alabama.
Mr. Moniz is active in the local bar and community. He is a member of the Bar Associations for Okaloosa and Walton County, and Past-Chairman of the Florida Bar’s 1st Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee “B.” He is also Chairman of the Mattie Kelly Arts Foundation, Vice President of Aletha’s Legacy, Past-President of the Rotary Club of Destin, Past-Chairman of the Destin Chamber of Commerce, a founding board member of the Ellison McCraney Ingram Foundation, and a member of All Sports Association and 100 Men Who Care – Emerald Coast. He previously served as Chair and board member for the Bay, Franklin, Gulf Healthy Start Coalition, as Treasurer and Foundation Chair for the Panama City Rotary Club, Chair and steering committee member for the Bay County Chamber of Commerce Junior Leadership Bay Program, and as Co-Chair of the 14th Judicial Circuit First Saturday Legal Clinic. He also served for seven years as a student mentor at Rosenwald Middle School, and volunteered for four years as a Rotary Reader for the Early Learning Coalition of Northwest Florida’s Rotary Read Aloud project. He received the Destin Chamber of Commerce’s Business Person of the Year Award in 2020, the Destin Chamber’s Ann Gibson Community Service Award in 2017, and the Pro Bono Public Service Award in 2007. He was also named to Florida Trend’s Legal Elite in 2022, and has maintained an “AV Preeminent” Rating from Martindale-Hubbell since 2018.
- The Florida Bar
- Alabama State Bar
- J.D., Florida State University College of Law, cum laude, 2000
- B.S., Florida State University, cum laude, 1996
Civic and Professional Affiliations
- Florida Bar 1st Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee “B”
- Okaloosa and Walton County Bar Associations
- Chairman of the Board – Destin Chamber of Commerce
- Chair-Elect – Mattie Kelly Arts Foundation, Inc.
- Vice President – Aletha’s Legacy, Inc.
- Past President, Past Rotary Foundation & Grants Chair – Rotary Club of Destin
- Past Treasurer & Rotary Foundation Chair – Rotary Club of Panama City
- Past Chair and Board Member – Bay, Franklin, Gulf Healthy Start Coalition
- Past Chair – Bay County Chamber of Commerce Junior Leadership Bay Program
- Past Co-Chair – 14th Judicial Circuit First Saturday Legal Clinic
- Walton County Chamber of Commerce
- Bay County Chamber of Commerce
- The Florida Bar, U.S. District Courts of the Northern District of Florida,
- The Alabama Bar, and Middle and Southern Districts of Alabama.
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell (2013 to present)
- Ann Gibson Community Service Award (2017)
- Pro Bono Public Service Award in (2007)
Publications and Presentations
- Published “Workers’ Compensation Settlements: The Next Generation” in The Florida Bar Journal, Vol. 76, No. 7 (July/August 2002).
- Mr. Moniz presents real estate seminars regularly to real estate agents throughout Northwest Florida.