Franklin R. Harrison was a Founding Partner of the Firm of Harrison Sale McCloy Attorneys at Law and now serves as the Managing Lawyer of Hand Arendall Harrison Sale’s Florida offices. His primary areas of practice are real estate, business and education law. Mr. Harrison heads the Firm’s Florida real estate section and is Board Certified by The Florida Bar as an Education Law attorney.
Mr. Harrison earned both his J.D. and Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Florida, where he was elected President of Florida Blue Key and the University of Florida Hall of Fame.
Mr. Harrison has served as Chairman of the Bay County Economic Development Alliance, Chairman of the Bay County Chamber of Commerce, Chairman of the Military Affairs Committee, President of the Florida School Board Attorneys Association, President of the Bay County Bar Association, and as a member of the 14th Judicial Circuit Nominating Commission.
Mr. Harrison is a member of the Council of School Attorneys of the National School Boards Association; the Education Law Section of the Florida Bar; and the Education Law Association. In addition to his real estate work Mr. Harrison serves as the Board Attorney for the School Board of Bay County, a position he has held since 1979. Mr. Harrison received the Florida School Boards Association’s Richard “Spike” Fitzpatrick Award in 2010, was voted one of Florida’s Legal Elite by Florida Trend in 2010, was awarded the Lauren Merriam Memorial Award by the Bay County Chamber of Commerce in 2011, and received the C. Graham Carothers Award of Excellence from the Florida School Board Attorneys Association in 2013.
- The Florida Bar
- Fifth and Eleventh Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Middle Districts of Florida
- J.D., University of Florida, 1972
- B.S., Business Administration, University of Florida, 1969
Civic and Professional Affiliations
- Former Chair of the Multi-State Bar Exam Policy Committee of the National Conference of Bar Examiners
- Past Chair of the Board of Trustees of the National Conference of Bar Examiners
- Emeritus Member and former Chairman of the Florida Board of Bar Examiners, FBBE
- Selected by the Florida Supreme Court to Chair the FBBE Testing Commission
- Florida Supreme Court’s Commission on Professionalism
- The Inaugural Florida Bar Education Law Certification Committee
- Fellow of the American Bar Foundation
- Council of School Attorneys of National School Boards Association
- Education Law Association
- The Florida Bar’s Vision 2016 Commission
- American Bar Association
- St. Andrews Bay American Inn of Court