In today’s challenging environment, the lawyers in our firm’s Banking and Financial Services Litigation Practice Group serve a critical role in helping banks, financial institutions and other clients navigate complex litigation while making informed decisions that simultaneously address their short-term needs and their long-term best interests. Our lawyers provide efficient, strategic and effective representation for disputes involving all banking and financial services-related issues as well as the multitude of other issues that frequently lead to litigation for banks and other entities.
Litigation Counsel for All Types of Disputes in the Banking and Financial Services Sectors
The lawyers in Hand Arendall Harrison Sale’s Banking and Financial Services Litigation Practice Group represent the firm’s clients in a broad spectrum of banking and financial services litigation. Our experience includes achieving favorable results for financial institutions and other clients in matters involving:
- Class actions
- Consumer protection
- Customer contracts
- Fiduciary duty and related claims
- Lender liability
- Loan recovery
- Trust litigation
Our clients in the banking and financial services industry include banks, finance companies, mortgage bankers and brokers, asset management and financial services companies, servicers, trusts and trustees, and lease and finance companies. We rely on the insights gained from decades of representing some of the country’s leading banking and financial services entities to help our clients make informed and strategic decisions during discovery and pre-trial practice, during settlement negotiations, at trial, and on appeal.
With decades of experience in banking and financial services litigation, our lawyers have won many notable cases at the trial and appellate levels. Some examples of our recent successes include:
- Successfully defended a national financial services company against claims of improper marketing practices in the sale of variable annuities. Our representation included the defense of regulatory reviews and investigations conducted by multiple state attorneys general and state securities and insurance commissions.
- Secured a directed verdict in favor of a bank in a lawsuit seeking $13 million in damages for our client’s alleged breach of a commitment letter.
- Successfully defended against and negotiated a favorable settlement in a nationwide class action attacking bankruptcy proof of claim fees.
- Successfully defended a national bank in three class action lawsuits alleging fraudulent bankruptcy affidavit practices.
Speak with an Attorney in Our Banking and Financial Services Litigation Practice Group
If you would like to speak with a lawyer about our banking and financial services we encourage you to get in touch. Call or contact us online to speak with a member of our Banking and Financial Services Litigation Practice Group today.