Norman Stockman chairs the Firm’s Litigation Section, specializing in commercial, maritime, construction, and bankruptcy litigation. He tries cases in state and federal courts across Alabama and Mississippi and is admitted to the Fifth and Eleventh Circuit Courts of Appeals. His diverse clientele includes marine towing companies, terminal operators, contractors, engineers, architects, and more.
Norman has held leadership roles in numerous professional and civic organizations, including serving as president of the Propeller Club of the United States, Port of Mobile; chair of the Young Lawyers Committee and board member of the Maritime Law Association of the United States; president of the Dauphin Way United Methodist Church Foundation; and vice-chair of the Mobile Museum of Art’s board of directors. He’s also served on the Alabama State Bar Young Lawyers Section Executive Committee.
- Alabama State Bar, 1999
- Mississippi State Bar, 2001
- J.D., University of Alabama School of Law, magna cum laude, 1999
- B.A., Economics, University of Virginia, with distinction, 1996
Civic and Professional Affiliations
- Alabama State Bar (Young Lawyers Section Executive Committee Member 2003—2010)
- Mississippi State Bar
- Mobile Bar Association (Chair, Admiralty Section, 2011—2012)
- Maritime Law Association of the United States (Chair, Young Lawyers Committee, 2013—2015; Board of Directors, 2017—2020)
- Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute (Board of Directors, 2007—2008)
- Propeller Club, Port of Mobile (President, 2013—2015; Vice-President, 2012—2013; Board of Governors, 2007—2015; Advisory Committee, 2015—Present)
- Dauphin Way United Methodist Church Foundation (President, 2018—2020; Treasurer, 2017; Board of Directors 2017—present)
- Mobile Museum of Art (Vice-Chair, 2021-2022; Secretary 2019—2020; Board of Directors, 2017—2022)
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American Waterways Operators
Publications and Presentations
- “Hand Arendall attorney elected president of international maritime organization’s Mobile club.” July 22, 2013.
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent
- Best Lawyers® Lawyer of the Year 2022, Admiralty and Maritime Law, Mobile
- Best Lawyers In America©, Admiralty and Maritime Law, 2013—2024