The lawyers in the firm’s Health Care Practice Group have extensive experience in the medical, dental, and healthcare industries. We “speak” healthcare and know the difficulties facing practitioners and professionals in this unique and highly regulated industry. We represent and advise physicians, nurses, office managers, private practices, hospitals, institutional health care providers, clinics, testing laboratories, medical device and technology companies, and many other health care businesses. We can help your business too.
Comprehensive Legal Representation for Medical, Dental, and Healthcare Clients
Hand Arendall Harrison Sale provides our clients with the confidence to operate and practice their profession and serve their patients in the highly regulated health care market. We provide business and transaction advice for growing medical and dental practices, as well as representation for enforcement and litigation matters.
Some examples of the services our Health Care Practice Group provides include advice or representation on:
- Personal tax, estate planning, and asset protection for busy practitioners
- Litigation in state and federal courts throughout the Southeast in medical liability and regulatory litigation
- Development and processing of certificate of need applications before the Alabama State Health Planning and Development Agency, the Florida Department of Health, and other state agencies
- Navigating the complex and often byzantine federal and state regulations affecting healthcare including: Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute, the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA), and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Professional licensure issues, including impaired practitioners and board discipline
- Healthcare certification requirements, including developing and implementing legally-compliant privacy, patient safety, and compliance programs.
- Practice employment and physician, dental, or practitioner contracts
- Non-competition agreements
- Credentialing and hospital discipline matters
- Payment and reimbursement matters
- Entity creation for liability and asset protection
- Professional malpractice insurance and claim defense
Speak with a Lawyer in Our Health Care Practice Group
For more information regarding the services offered by the lawyers in our Health Care Practice Group, contact Practice Group Chairman Robert C. Jackson or any of the other lawyers in the Practice Group.