J. Cole Davis is a member in the Firm’s Panama City Beach office. He currently serves as Assistant City Attorney for the City of Panama City Beach and represents other local governments in a wide range of matters including the Bay County School Board, the City of Lynn Haven, City of Callaway, the City of Springfield, and the City of Mexico Beach.
In addition to his local government practice, Davis handles a wide variety of civil litigation with an emphasis on labor and employment disputes, local government disputes, workplace discrimination, wage and hour disputes, commercial business litigation, and workers’ compensation defense.
Davis enjoys counseling clients to solve tough issues and enthusiastically litigates for them when necessary. He has successfully represented clients in the Florida Supreme Court, Florida First District Court of Appeals, Florida’s federal district courts, state courts, and before numerous government agencies – including the DOL, EEOC, and FCHR. Additionally, he has represented employers in Divisional of Financial Services audits.
Davis currently serves as Vice-Chair of the Florida Bar Grievance Committee for the 14th Judicial Circuit. He also serves as a member of the Operating Board of Alignment Bay and as a member of the Junior Leadership Bar Steering Committee.
Davis is a native of Panama City Beach where he and his family reside. Prior to entering the legal field, Davis taught third-grade at a local elementary school.
- Florida State Bar
- J.D., Florida State University College of Law, 2011
- B.S., Elementary Education, Florida State University, 2006
Civic and Professional Affiliations
- Bay County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar Local Government and Workers’ Compensation Divisions
- St. Andrews Bay Inn of Court
- Defense Research Institute, Employment and Labor Law Committee
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- Leadership Bay (Class of 2015—2016)
- Junior Leadership Bay Steering Committee
- Florida Municipal Attorneys’ Association