Hand Arendall Harrison Sale employs a variety of staff and professionals in positions including legal secretaries, paralegals, IT, offices services, bookkeeping and administrative personnel, among others. The Firm is committed to an inclusive environment, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
The following positions are currently open:
The Firm’s Birmingham Guardianship Practice seeks an individual to assist with income and expenses analysis of the wards’ the Firm manages. The individual would specifically focus on wards’ sources of income working closely with other members of the Guardianship practice who manage the wards’ expenses.
The ideal candidate for this role would have two or more years banking/finance experience and possess an associates or college degree. Attention to detail, ability to work in a team-focused environment and knowledge of general ledger and other technology is required.
The Firm’s Birmingham office seeks an experienced litigation paralegal to join its rapidly growing practice. Paralegals work closely with Members and Associates of the Firm and will be responsible to perform the following:
- Preparing for hearings and depositions by completing the requisite legal documents and trial notebooks
- Performing electronic filings of pleadings
- Summarizing medical records and depositions
- Calendaring activities
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills, be proficient with both Microsoft Outlook and Word, and ideally have experience with Filesite/iManage.
- Bachelor’s degree and four plus years experience as a litigation paralegal in a professional law firm environment
- Strong organization skills, an ability to prioritize work and a strong understanding of the litigation “process” to take matters from start to finish
- Insurance defense experienced highly desirable
Legal Secretary – Litigation
The Firm’s Birmingham office seeks an experienced litigation legal secretary to assist attorneys with the following:
- Preparing and filing legal documents
- Opening and organization files
- Entering time
- E-filing federal and state matters
- Performing other administrative tasks, as assigned
- A minimum of three-years of litigation legal secretary experience in a professional law firm environment
- Candidates should possess excellent organization skills and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Word required and ideally have experience with Filesite/iManage
The Firm provides an above-industry-standard benefits package, including a generous 401(k) plan, BCBS health and dental insurance, paid parking, paid long term disability (after one year of service) and reimbursement for gym memberships.
To apply for one of the positions above, please email your resume to Carol Smedley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any questions regarding a position, please contact:
Terri Cain, Hand Arendall Harrison Sale LLC
Post Office Box 123, Mobile, Alabama 36601
Carol Smedley, Hand Arendall Harrison Sale LLC
1801 5th Avenue North, Suite 400, Birmingham, Alabama 35203
Anne Dick, Hand Arendall Harrison Sale LLC
304 Magnolia Avenue Panama City, Florida 32401