Nick Greenwood has retired from the firm. If you are in need of assistance, please contact Rip Britton, Birmingham Managing Lawyer, at 205-502-0106 or email@example.com.
His primary practice included serving as bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel, trustee’s counsel, counsel to providers of credit enhancement and counsel to bond purchasers in public financings. His clients include the State of Alabama, state universities, hospitals, airports, industrial development boards, utility systems, public schools, municipalities and counties.
Nick has written numerous constitutional amendments and state statutes relating to public finance.
- $15,770,000 The Utilities Board of the City of Opelika Taxable Utility Revenue Bonds, Series 2020-B and $10.725,000 Utility Revenue Bonds, Series 2020-A, dated September 16, 2020
- $24,160,000 Lee County Board of Education Capital Outlay Warrant, Series 2020, dated June 16, 2020
- $30,000,000 The DCH Health Care Authority Revolving Note, Series 2020
- $35,350,000 The DCH Health Care Authority Health Care Facilities Revenue Bond, Series 2019
- $46,640,000 The Educational Building Authority of the City of Homewood Educational Facilities Revenue Bonds (Samford University, Series 2017-A)
- $23,380,000 The Utilities Board of the City of Opelika Utility Bonds, Series 2017-B
- $39,130,000 The Utilities Board of the city of Foley Utilities Revenue Bonds, Series 2017
- $27,265,000 The Utilities Board of the City of Opelika Utility Revenue Bonds, Series 2017
Nick was a member of the National Association of Bond Lawyers and a Regular Fellow of the American College of Bond Counsel. He has been listed in Best Lawyers in America for Public Finance Law for over ten years and was the 2012 Best Lawyer’s Lawyer of the Year for Public Finance in Birmingham. He served as Chancellor of the Episcopal Diocese of Alabama from 1994 to 1997, and served as Chairman of the Committee for the Nomination of the Bishop Suffragan in 2001. During Nick’s forty-five plus years of public finance practice he has conducted seminars, presentations and taught or participated in CLEs for numerous organizations, including the National Association of Bond Lawyers, Rebuilding America (Forbes Conference, New York), the Southern Trust School and the Alabama Association of School Boards.
- Alabama State Bar, 1972
- J.D., Vanderbilt University School of Law, 1971
- B.S., The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1967
Civic and Professional Affiliations
- American College of Bond Counsel
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- Alabama Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Chancellor, Episcopal Diocese of Alabama, 1994—1997
- Best Lawyers in America for Public Finance Law, for more than ten years
- 2012 Best Lawyers’ Lawyer of the Year for Public Finance in Birmingham
- Chambers USA, Banking & Finance, Public Finance
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Rated
- Alabama Super Lawyers – Government Finance