Julia K. Maddalena is a Member in the Panama City Beach office. Her practice is focused on municipal law as the Assistant City Attorney for the City of Panama City Beach, general counsel representation of homeowner and condominium community associations, and general civil litigation, including real property, employment law and commercial business litigation. She has successfully represented clients in the Florida Supreme Court, Florida First District Court of Appeals, Florida’s federal district courts, state courts, and before numerous government agencies, including the EEOC and FCHR. She is active in her community serving in various leadership and governance roles.
Mrs. Maddalena earned her Juris Doctorate from the Florida State University College of Law in Tallahassee, Florida, where she graduated Cum Laude. She specialized in International Law, achieving the highest possible honors. She served as Article Selection Editor for the FSU Journal of Transnational Law and Policy, received the International Bar Association Certificate for International Human Rights, and was a competitor in the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court Competition in Vienna, Austria.
After graduating, Mrs. Maddalena worked as a Staff Attorney for the Fourteenth Judicial Circuit of Florida, where she assisted the circuit judges with legal research and writing. She worked for the judiciary for three years, focusing primarily on civil litigation. She left the court in 2017 to pursue her career in private practice with Hand Arendall Harrison Sale LLC.
- The Florida Bar
- Northern District of Florida
- J.D., Florida State University College of Law, cum laude, 2014
- B.A., University of Central Florida, cum laude, 2010
Civic and Professional Affiliations
- Elected to The Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division Board of Governors, 14th Circuit Seat 1 (2024)14th Judicial Circuit Representative for the
- Young Lawyers Division of the Board of Governors, 2024-2026
- Active Board Member for Healthy Start Coalition of Bay, Franklin & Gulf Counties
- Active Board Member of Board of Trustees for HCA Florida Gulf Coast Hospital
- President of the St. Andrews Bay Inn of Courts, 2023-2024
- Active 14th Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee Member
- Bay County Bar Association, Former Board Member
- Bay County Women Lawyers, Former Board Member
- Young Lawyers Division of the Bay County Bar Association, Former Board Member
- Florida Bar President’s Pro Bono Service Award, 2018—2019