Shelby Morris is an associate attorney focusing on local government work and bankruptcy and creditor’s rights.
Shelby was born and raised in Savannah, Georgia. She attended the University of Alabama at Birmingham where she received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Professional Writing, was inducted into the Sigma Tau Delta honor society, was awarded runner-up Most Outstanding Professional Writing Student, and was a Dean’s List recipient. While earning her Master’s degree in Rhetoric and Composition, Shelby developed and taught freshman composition classes while tutoring students at the University Writing Center. Later, she earned her Juris Doctorate from Cumberland School of Law where she was an active member of Women in Law and was an Academic Success mentor. When she’s not practicing law, Shelby enjoys traveling, exploring Birmingham’s food scene, and spending time with her cats.
- Alabama State Bar
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Alabama
- J.D., Cumberland School of Law, 2021
- M.A., University of Alabama at Birmingham, 2018
- B.A., University of Alabama at Birmingham, 2016
Civic and Professional Affiliations
- UAB Young Alumni Council
- Rotary Club of Birmingham Sunset
- Birmingham and Alabama Bar Associations
- Alabama Association of Municipal Attorneys
Publications and Presentations
- “The Art of Nuisance Abatement,” Alabama League of Municipalities Economic Development Academy (2023)
- Dean’s List recipient