Jennifer Gutai Comella is an Associate in the Destin Office. Her practice areas include community association law, real estate litigation, landlord-tenant, collections, construction litigation, local government law, workers compensation, and business/commercial litigation.
Jennifer earned her law degree from Florida State University College of Law. During her time at FSU she served as a legal writing teaching assistant, a mentor for the Summer for Undergraduates Program, and was active on the Moot Court team and Moot Court Board. She participated in multiple moot court competitions during law school including arguing before the Florida Supreme Court after finishing in the Final Four of the Intramural competition and taking first place with her teammates at the Gabrielli National Family Law Competition. She also received book awards for receiving the highest grade in the class for Advanced Legal Research and Insurance Law.
After law school, Jennifer spent a year practicing Family law in the Jacksonville area and then four years practicing insurance defense in Panama City before beginning to practice law in Destin. Jennifer has experience handling many different kinds of cases over the years, and has practiced in thirteen different counties across North Florida. She has drafted appellate briefs for appeals in the 1st and 5th District Courts of Appeal and served as second chair in two multi-day civil trials. Jennifer has been practicing law on the Emerald Coast since 2011 and is active in her community.
- Florida State Bar
- J.D., Florida State University College of Law, 2010
- B.A., Political Science, University at Buffalo, magna cum laude, 2006
Civic and Professional Affiliations
- Destin Area Chamber of Commerce Board Member (Director (2018-Present), Vice Chairman Membership Development (2020), Chair-Elect (2021); Chair (2022)
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers (FAWL) Board Member (Treasurer (2022-Present); 2022 Leader in the Law Award recipient).
- Okaloosa Florida Association of Women Lawyers (OFAWL) Board Member (Secretary, Pres-Elect, President, Immediate Past President, Chapter Representative to the Florida Association of Women Lawyers (FAWL); 2016-2022)
- Walton County Bar Association Board Member (Secretary (2018-2020), Pres-Elect (2020-2021); President (2021-2022)
- Okaloosa County Commission on the Status of Women (OCCSW) 2022 Women of Honor recipient.
- Young Lawyers Division of the Okaloosa Bar Association Board Member (Treasurer, Vice-President, President; 2015—2018)
- Destin Forward (Class of 2018; Leadership Award Winner voted by the class)
- Leadership Okaloosa (Class of 2019)
- Okaloosa County Bar Association Member
- The Florida Bar Member (admitted 2010)