Hayward Dykes, Jr. is a Member with Hand Arendall Harrison Sale. His primary areas of practice are Local Government Law, Civil Litigation, Contracts, Construction Law, Business Law and Criminal Law. Mr. Dykes earned his J.D. from the University of Mississippi where he served on the moot court board, was a member of the Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity and was a member of the environmental law association. He earned his B.S. from Florida State University in Criminology.
Mr. Dykes is admitted to practice in Florida, the U.S. Middle District of Florida, the U.S. Northern District of Florida, the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals and the U.S. Supreme Court. Mr. Dykes served as an Assistant State Attorney in the 6th Judicial Circuit for three years (2002—2005) handling both misdemeanor and felony cases, before moving back to the Florida Panhandle in 2006 with his wife.
Mr. Dykes has handled over 25 jury and non-jury trials and several appeals in both state and federal courts. Mr. Dykes has represented and counseled government organizations, elected officials, business owners, and property owners in a wide-range of legal matters in State and Federal courts. Mr. Dykes was voted to Florida Trends, Florida Legal Elite Up & Comers for 2010. One of 111 attorneys in the State of Florida voted by their peers in the Legal Elite balloting.
- The Florida Bar
- U.S. Middle District of Florida, 2002
- U.S. Northern District of Florida, 2006
- Northern District of Florida Bankruptcy Court, 2009
- Eleventh U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, 2010
- United States Supreme Court, 2011
- J.D., The University of Mississippi School of Law, 2001
- B.S., Florida State University, 1998
Civic and Professional Affiliations
- Florida Bar Voluntary Bar Liaison Committee (2020—Present)
- Florida Bar First Circuit Grievance Committee “B” (2012—2015, Chairperson 2014—2015)
- Destin Forward (2008—2009)
- Destin Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors (2012—Present)
- Destin Area Rotary Club (2006—2013)
- Member Destiny Worship Center (2012—Present)
- Okaloosa Bar Association
- Walton Bar Association
- Florida Municipal Attorneys Association (2007—Present)
Publications and Presentations
- Shannon v. Smith, 278 So. 3d 173 (Fla. 1st DCA 2019).