Mr. McCloy is a Founding Partner at the Firm whose primary areas of practice are general civil litigation and mediation. As such, Mr. McCloy has handled a wide range of cases, including commercial business litigation, education litigation, contract disputes, construction litigation, employment litigation, professional negligence claims, personal injury and wrongful death claims. His litigation experience includes both state and federal court proceedings and claims.
Mr. McCloy has over 42 years of trial experience. He is Board Certified by the Florida Bar as a specialist in both Civil Trial and Business Litigation designations since 1990 and 1997 respectively. He was inducted as a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers in 2010 and has been a Florida Certified Civil Circuit Court Mediator since 1992.
After earning an undergraduate degree from Davidson College, Mr. McCloy went on to graduate from law school at the Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University where he was a Board member of the Law Review. He has since served as a member and Chairman of the 14th Circuit Judicial Nomination Commission, as a member of the Board of Governors for the Florida Bar and as a member of the Florida Committee on Standard Jury Instructions in Civil Cases.
- Florida State Bar
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- J.D., Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University, 1978
- B.A., English, Davidson College, 1975
Civic and Professional Affiliations
- Board Certified in Civil Trial and Business Litigation Law areas by the Florida Bar
- Past Board of Directors, Southern Legal Counsel
- Inducted into American College of Trial Lawyers
- Florida Certified Civil Circuit Court Mediator
- Past Member of Florida Committee on Standard Jury Instructions
- Former Member and Chair of 14th Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission
- Former Member of Board of Governors of the Florida Bar