Ms. Sheekley is a Member in the Destin office. Her primary areas of practice are commercial/business litigation, contract negotiation and community association law and litigation. Ms. Sheekely is the Chair of the Firm’s Community Association Practice Group. She has more than 30 years of jury and bench trial experience in a significant number and variety of cases, including the successful defense of multi-million dollar damage claims. She has represented clients in shareholder binding arbitration proceedings and in actions for declaratory and injunctive relief. She also represents clients in appellate proceedings. Clients have included national and local businesses, 501(c)(3) organizations, shareholders, developers, municipalities, condominium associations and homeowners associations. Ms. Sheekley’s representation of community associations concerns all facets of operations, management, and governance, as well as dispute resolution and enforcement and collections actions.
Ms. Sheekley is Board Certified in Business Litigation by the Florida Bar, which is the highest level of recognition of an attorney’s competency and expertise in that area of law. She is also is also AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 rated (the highest level attainable) by Martindale-Hubbell, based upon the endorsement of her colleagues in the areas of professional conduct, ethics and ability.
- Florida State Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- J.D., University of Florida, Fredric G. Levin College of Law, 1985
- B.S., University of Florida, 1982
Civic and Professional Affiliations
- Board Certified in Business Litigation by the Florida Bar—2012; Recertified August 2017.
- Florida Bar Grievance Committee, 1B (May 2015—2018; Chair 2017—2018)
- Okaloosa Bar Association
- Walton County Bar Association
- Okaloosa Economic Development Council, (Executive Committee 2019—Present); 2021 Vice-Chair and Treasurer
- Martindale Hubbell AV® Preeminent™
Publications and Presentations
- Ms. Sheekley has been a presenter on multiple occasions for the Northwest Gulf Coast Chapter of the Community Association Institute, and regularly teaches courses approved for continuing education credit by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation, Division of Condominiums.