Ms. Dorissa Smith is an associate in the Firm’s litigation section and focuses her practice primarily on litigated insurance claims and coverage. In addition to defending insureds, Ms. Smith has worked closely with insurers to manage large-volume first-party litigation arising from catastrophic events across the Gulf coast region.
Ms. Smith is a 2009 graduate of The University of Southern Mississippi, where she earned a bachelor’s degree in English. In 2013, Ms. Smith graduated from The University of Mississippi School of Law, where she was a member of the Moot Court Board and the Trial Advocacy Board and a Dean’s List recipient. While in law school, Ms. Smith completed internships with the Mississippi Secretary of State and the Mississippi Supreme Court. Following law school, Ms. Smith also completed clerkships with a Mississippi trial court and the Mississippi Court of Appeals. She later joined private practice as an associate with a law firm in Jackson, Mississippi, where she focused her work primarily on insurance defense and personal injury matters.
- Mississippi, State and Federal (Northern and Southern Districts)
- Alabama, State and Federal (Northern, Southern, and Middle Districts)
- 11th Circuit
- J.D., University of Mississippi School of Law, 2013
- B.A., University of Southern Mississippi, 2009
Civic and Professional Affiliations
- National Bar Association
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Magnolia Bar Association, Inc.
- State Farm Rising Star Academy (2023)
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, Rising Stars (2022)
- Birmingham Business Journal NextGen Law 2022
- Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch, Insurance Law, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, 2021 – 2024
Mid-South Rising Stars (2017-2020)