Ms. Dorissa Smith is an associate in the Firm’s litigation section and focuses her practice primarily on insurance claims and coverage litigation. Ms. Smith is a 2009 graduate of The University of Southern Mississippi, where she earned a Bachelor’s degree. In 2013, Ms. Smith graduated from The University of Mississippi School of Law, where she was a member of the Moot Court Board and the Trial Advocacy Board. While in law school, Ms. Smith completed internships with the Mississippi Secretary of State and the Mississippi Supreme Court. Following law school, Ms. Smith also completed clerkships with a Mississippi trial court and the Mississippi Court of Appeals. She later joined private practice as an associate with law firm in Jackson, Mississippi, where she focused her work primarily on insurance defense and personal injury matters.
- Mississippi, State and Federal (Northern and Southern Divisions)
- J.D., University of Mississippi School of Law, 2013
- B.A., University of Southern Mississippi, 2009
Civic and Professional Affiliations
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Magnolia Bar Association, Inc.
- Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch, Insurance Law, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, 2022
Mid-South Rising Stars (2017-2020)