Business & Commercial Law
The lawyers in our Business & Commercial Law Practice Group represent established companies as well as emerging businesses. We serve as primary outside counsel to a number of companies in addition to supplementing the legal staffs of several large corporations. At Hand Arendall Harrison Sale, we take a strategic approach to supporting our clients at all phases of their growth and evolution, and we help our clients define and achieve their business objectives through proactive legal planning.
With respect to emerging business and entrepreneurial business planning, our lawyers work in partnership with our clients’ leaders, providing counsel in the areas of business planning, protection of proprietary assets, accessing capital, organizational management, strategic partnerships, and government financing through economic development and government grants and contracts. We serve our emerging clients at all stages of the business lifecycle, from formation through sale.
About our Business & Commercial Law Services
With respect to transactional and regulatory matters, we provide advice and counsel on all aspects of business formation, financing, management and disposition. For example, the lawyers in our Business & Commercial Law Practice Group routinely advise clients with regard to issues such as:
- Business entity selection and formation
- Review and negotiation of financing agreements
- Review and negotiation of franchise agreements
- Drafting and negotiation of stockholder agreements, partnership agreements and other business contracts
- Drafting and negotiation of non-competition agreements, leases, distribution and supply contracts, license and royalty agreements, and other commercial contracts
- Intellectual property protection and licensing
- Acquisition and leasing of commercial real estate
- Employment law compliance drafting of employment policies and procedures
- Business tax planning
- Business mergers, acquisitions and sales
On the dispute resolution side, our lawyers provide representation for matters including contract litigation, trade secret and non-competition litigation, fraud claims and other commercial tort claims, corporate and business control litigation, financing litigation, and leasing and lending litigation. We handle all other types of “routine” and complex commercial disputes as well, including those between business entities, between business entities and their equity owners, and between business entities and their employees. In addition to informal dispute resolution efforts and litigation, we maintain a robust alternative dispute resolution (ADR) practice as well.