Douglas W. Fink is a Member in the Firm’s Mobile office. He is a member of the Firm’s Life, Health and Disability, Admiralty, Product Liability, Insurance, and Personal Injury Groups. His litigation practice and experience encompasses these and a wide variety of other litigation areas, including commercial litigation, premises liability, underground storage tank liability, and professional liability.
Mr. Fink has tried jury and non-jury cases in both State and Federal Courts and has tried cases in arbitration. He has represented a wide range of clients, including insurance companies, insurance brokers, pharmacists, pharmacies, manufacturers, oil companies, shipyards, shipping and transportation firms, vessel owners, and airlines.
Mr. Fink is a member of the Commercial Litigation, Drug and Medical Device and Professional Liability Committees of the Defense Research Institute. He is a member of the Alabama Defense Lawyers Association and has served on its editorial board. He is also a member of the Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute and has been elected as a Port Director.
- Alabama State Bar, 1993
- J.D., Cumberland School of Law, 1993
- B.S., Mississippi College, 1990
Civic and Professional Affiliations
- Mobile County Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Propeller Club of the United States Port of Mobile
Publications and Presentations
“Recent Developments in Admiralty Law in the Eleventh, Sixth, and Eighth Circuits,” presented at the Southeastern Law Institute June 2005 Meeting.
- Fowler v. Provident Life and Accident Insurance Company, 2003 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 11277 (N.D. Ala. 2003).
- Cooks v. Bender Shipbuilding & Repair Co., Inc., 833 So. 2d 631 (Ala. Civ. App. 2001).
- Delta Air Lines, Inc. v. Barnard, 799 So. 2d 208 (Ala. Civ. App. 2001).
- Frichelle Limited v. Master Marine, Inc., 2000 U.S. Dist LEXIS 8382 (S.D. Ala. 2000).
- McDaniel v. Starvin’ Marvin, Inc., 1999 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 8516 (S.D. Ala. 1999)
- Shipley v. Provident Life and Accident Insurance Company, 352 F. Supp. 2d 1213 (S.D. Ala. 2005).
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Rated