Julia K. Maddalena is an Associate in the Panama City office. Her practice is focused on Civil Litigation, including life, health, and disability insurance defense, ERISA, automobile insurance defense, real property, employment law and commercial business litigation. She also represents a number of Homeowner and Condominium Community Associations as general counsel and assists City Attorneys in the Firm with municipal law.
Mrs. Maddalena earned her Juris Doctorate from the Florida State University College of Law in Tallahassee, Florida, where she graduated Cum Laude. She specialized in International Law, achieving the highest possible honors. She also received Book Awards in International & Foreign Legal Research, Asylum and Refugee Law, Immigration Law, Law of the Sea, and Professional Responsibility. She served as Article Selection Editor for the FSU Journal of Transnational Law and Policy, received the International Bar Association Certificate for International Human Rights, and was a competitor in the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court Competition in Vienna, Austria. In her second year, she clerked for the Honorable Ronald W. Flurry of the Second Judicial Circuit of Florida.
After graduating, Mrs. Maddalena was hired as a Staff Attorney for the Fourteenth Judicial Circuit of Florida, where she assisted the circuit judges with legal research and writing. She worked for the judiciary for three years, focusing primarily on civil litigation. She left the court in 2017 to pursue a career in private practice with Hand Arendall Harrison Sale, LLC.
- Florida State Bar
- Northern District of Florida
- J.D., Florida State University College of Law, cum laude, 2014
- B.A., University of Central Florida, cum laude, 2010
Civic and Professional Affiliations
- Bay County Bar Association, Former Board Member
- Bay County Women Lawyers, Former Board Member
- St. Andrews Bay Inn of Courts, Bencher
- Young Lawyers Division of the Bay County Bar Association, Board Member
- 14th Judicial Circuit Pro Bono Committee
- Florida Bar President’s Pro Bono Service Award, 2018—2019