Michael Niemeyer serves as chairman of the Commercial Litigation Practice Group for the firm. He has practiced in Alabama since 1990, representing national, state, and local clients in state and federal courts throughout Alabama. He is a lifelong resident of Baldwin County and enhances the Firm’s litigation and business practice in that jurisdiction.
Michael specializes in the representation of business, professional, insurance, retail and individual clients in commercial and property/casualty litigation, and he has successfully represented these clients in numerous arbitrations and civil trials in both state and federal courts in Alabama. The significant matters in which Michael has recently been involved include:
- representation of developers, contractors, real estate firms and engineering firms in real estate and professional liability disputes and litigation
- representation of contractors, subcontractors and product manufacturers in construction defect disputes, litigation and arbitration
- representation of professional appraisers in litigation arising out of professional liability claims by lenders
- representation of businesses to judicially enforce non-compete and confidentiality provisions of employment agreements
- representation of a regional health care system in real estate and professional employment agreement disputes and litigation
- representation of members and shareholders of closely held businesses in control and buy/sell disputes
- representation of businesses in complex personal injury and wrongful death litigation
- representation of product manufacturers in personal injury and wrongful death litigation
- representation of policyholders and insurance companies in insurance coverage disputes and bad faith litigation
- representation of insurance companies in claim investigations, coverage disputes and bad faith cases arising out of occupational accident/disability policies
Michael graduated from Louisiana State University (B.S. Bus. Adm. 1986), and obtained his J.D. from the University of Alabama School of Law (J.D. 1990). He is a member of the Baldwin County, Mobile County, Alabama State Bar Associations, as well as the Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel.