Brooks Milling devotes a significant portion of his practice to the representation of buyers and sellers of businesses. He has handled numerous bank mergers involving the public offering of registered common stock. He also frequently represents buyers and sellers of small to medium sized private businesses. Mr. Milling has advised public companies regarding compliance with the 1933 Act and the 1934 Act and assisted in the preparation of periodic reports required by the 1934 Act. Brooks represents several charitable foundations that have significant timberland holdings. Brooks previously served as the head of the Firm’s Business Section. He is listed in The Best Lawyers in America for corporate law.
Other significant components of his practice include:
- advising banks and bank holding companies in corporate and regulatory matters;
- representing buyers, sellers, landlords and tenants in real estate transactions;
- representing charitable private foundations;
- the formation of corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships for clients engaged in all types of business; and
- providing general corporate and transactional advice to businesses.