Robert C. Jackson is a member with the Firm. His primary areas of practice are employment, health, local government and business & commercial law. Mr. Jackson heads the Firm’s Florida employment law and health law departments.
Mr. Jackson earned his J.D., magna cum laude, from Florida State University, where he was an editor of the Law Review and Order of the Coif. He earned his B.S. from the United States Naval Academy. Mr. Jackson served 17 years as a Naval Officer and Aviator in the active and reserve forces. He flew combat helicopters in Operation Desert Storm and was recalled to active duty immediately after September 11, 2001, to assist in aviation strikes and target planning for operations in the war on terror.
Mr. Jackson served on and was elected Chair of the 14th Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission. He is a two-term Chairman of the Bay County Chamber of Commerce Government Affairs Committee and its Junior Leadership Bay Program. He is also a graduate of the Bay County Chamber’s Leadership Bay Program.
Mr. Jackson is admitted to practice in Florida, the U.S. District Courts of the Northern & Southern Districts of Florida, and the U.S. Circuit Courts for the Eleventh and Federal Circuits. He has been accredited by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to represent veterans in cases involving veterans and veteran benefits. He is a member of the Bay County Bar Association and St. Andrews Bay American Inn of Court. Mr. Jackson currently serves as General Counsel for the Bay Health Foundation, a health care special district of the State of Florida. Mr. Jackson served as general counsel for Bay Medical Center, a 323-bed regional hospital, from 2000 through 2012. He led Bay Medical Center’s legal team through its lease and asset sale to a joint venture between Sacred Heart Health System and LHP Hospital Group. The $158 million dollar transaction is believed to be the largest health care transaction in Bay County history. He also served as the City Attorney for the City of Lynn Haven, Bay County’s second most populous city, for over 15 years.
- Florida State Bar
- U.S. District Courts of the Northern & Southern Districts of Florida
- U.S. Circuit Courts for Eleventh and Federal Circuits
- J.D., Florida State University, magna cum laude, 1998
- B.S., United States Naval Academy, 1988
Civic and Professional Affiliations
- Chair of Bay County Chamber Government Affairs Committee, 2012—2014
- Chair of 14th Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission, 2007—2010
- Accredited by U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Bay County Economic Development Alliance
- Bay County Bar Association
- St. Andrews Bay American Inn of Court
- Chair of Bay County Chamber of Commerce Junior Leadership Bay Program, 2006, 2008
- U.S Naval Academy, Blue & Gold Officer, 2002—present
- USNA Panhandle Area Blue & Gold Officer of the Year, 2013