Ms. Miller’s practice is devoted to defending employers and individuals in accident-related litigation and employment law matters. Ms. Miller also represents insurers in matters where an insured has claimed breach of contract and “bad faith.” Ms. Miller has considerable experience drafting and ensuring compliance with contracts, non-compete agreements, and employee handbooks. She is able to provide competent legal advice in a cost-effective manner, and produces quick turn-around on the legal needs of her clients.
Prior to joining Hand Arendall Harrison Sale, Ms. Miller also served as a writing professor at the Cumberland School of Law at Samford University. For a number of years, she taught law students how to draft persuasive motions and briefs. While teaching, she also served as the chair of the Cumberland chapter of the Defense Research Institute.
Ms. Miller obtained her law degree from the Cumberland School of Law in 2003 where she graduated at the top of her graduating class. While in law school, she received numerous scholarships for superior legal writing and was on the Dean’s List every semester. She published two full-length articles regarding employer liability and property rights while in law school. Ms. Miller also received the Scholar of Merit Award (best paper) in six classes, including an appellate brief-writing class taught by the late Honorable John C. Godbold.
Ms. Miller earned her bachelor’s degree at Samford University where she graduated with honors in 2000. She earned a 4.0 in her double major in United States Military History and Political Science. Her senior thesis was selected for publication in a scholarly journal. Ms. Miller was also on the Dean’s List every semester during her undergraduate career.
- Alabama State Bar, 2003
- J.D., Cumberland School of Law, cum laude, 2003
- B.A., Samford University, cum laude, 2000
Civic and Professional Affiliations
- Alabama Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
Publications and Presentations
- Court of Appeals Rules On Hours of Service Appeals., The Transportation Lawyer, Vol. 15, No. 2 (Oct. 2013).
- American Trucking Assns, Inc. v. Fed. Motor Carrier Safety Admin., Case Note, The Transportation Lawyer, Vol. 14, No. 7 (Oct. 2013).
- Ten Basic Rules of Writing for New Lawyers, Alabama Lawyer, Vol. 72, No. 5, p.58-64 (Sept. 2011).