Martin Cunningham is an associate in the Firm’s business section. He assists clients in a wide variety of transactional matters, with a focus in real estate acquisition and development.
Attending the University of Mississippi School of Law as a Dean’s Scholar, he received his J.D. in 2021. He served as a member of the Trial Advocacy team, and was a finalist in the 2019 Steen, Reynolds & Dalehite Trial Advocacy Competition. Martin also served as an Innocence Project student attorney, where he sought post-conviction relief of an individual imprisoned for homicide. Before joining the Firm, Martin gained valuable experience as a law clerk for the Honorable Judge S. Wesley Pipes of the 13th Judicial Circuit in Mobile, Alabama.
Having been born and raised in the Mobile Bay area, Martin enjoys his warmer weekends on the water. He also appreciates a day on either the basketball or tennis court. With a passion for his career and community, Martin hopes to leave a positive, lasting impact.
- Alabama State Bar, 2021
- Southern District of Alabama, 2021
- Middle District of Alabama, 2021
- University of Mississippi, BBA Marketing and Corporate Relations and Minor in Professional Writing, cum laude, 2017
- University of Mississippi School of Law, 2021
- Finalist; Steen, Reynolds, Dalehite Trial Advocacy Competition (2019)
- Dean’s Scholar (University of Mississippi School of Law)
- Provost Scholar (University of Mississippi 2013-2017)