Catherine Simon Spann maintains a diverse general litigation practice and has significant experience representing clients in automobile and trucking, insurance, personal injury, construction, product liability, business tort, and general commercial litigation. Catherine represents clients of all sizes – from international companies to local businesses – across a variety of industries. Catherine defends national trucking and retail companies throughout Alabama and Mississippi, and served as second chair in jury and bench trials which obtained defense verdicts.
Catherine received her J.D. from the University of Alabama School of Law. While in law school, Catherine served on the Campbell Moot Court Board and the Judge Conrad Duberstein Bankruptcy Team, competing in moot court competitions in Miami and New York. Prior to law school, she obtained a degree in history, magna cum laude, from the University of Alabama. Before joining the Firm, Catherine gained valuable experience as a law clerk for the Honorable Judge Roderick P. Stout of the 13th Judicial Circuit in Mobile, Alabama.
Catherine is honored to sit on the Board of Directors of the Boys and Girls Clubs of South Alabama and be a “Big Sister” with the local Big Brothers Big Sisters program. She is also active in the Mobile Bar Association as an officer of the MBA Young Lawyers and an active member of the MBA Women Lawyers group.
- Alabama State Bar, 2013
- Mississippi State Bar, 2017
- J.D., University of Alabama School of Law, 2013
- B.A., University of Alabama, magna cum laude, 2010
Civic and Professional Affiliations
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Boys and Girls Clubs of South Alabama
- Big Sister with Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Alabama
- Officer of the Mobile Bar Association Young Lawyers
- Member of the Connect Mobile Class of 2016
- Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch, Commercial Litigation, 2021 – 2022